Prev: RE: APDs, LSD's and LPAs Next: Re: DS2 PDS/ECM

RE: APDs, LSD's and LPAs

From: Ryan M Gill <monty@a...>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 20:48:17 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: RE: APDs, LSD's and LPAs

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, Robertson, Brendan wrote:

> Under FTFB, you need 1.5 x mass for the landing craft, so you would
need to
> lose the ortillery system to accomodate the hanger.

I was using that in my calculations for the mass of the hull.

Thus the 5 mass of craft would take 8 mass for the bay to accomodate
them. Again, unless the Ships boat would be part of the ships fit and be

free. Thats more where my questions lie. And along the lines of the mass

conversion for Cargo Spaces (cs) from MT to the FB.

> When running conversions, a mass 1 shuttle works out at either size 4
or 5
> (depending on what you prefer), so your mass 2 assault landers can
carry
> 40-50 troops if they have no defences or weapons.

Size 4 or 5 for DS or FT? According the MT a mass 2 assault lander can
carry 20 foot troops. 1 man = 1cs. 10 CS = 1 mass drop capacity.

Where do you get the no defences or weapons part from?

For transport (not landing craft) MT has a value of
1 man = 4 cs accomodation
1 man = 1 cs cyro sleep
1 mass = 50 cs accomodation/cargo.

- Ryan Montieth Gill		DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 	     www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -

Prev: RE: APDs, LSD's and LPAs Next: Re: DS2 PDS/ECM