Prev: Re: Roughnecks Debacle Next: [wt?]Woodland Scenics

Re: DS2 PDS/ECM

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 15:52:26 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: DS2 PDS/ECM

On Wed, 22 Sep 1999, Grogan, Paul wrote:

> New player question.
>
> Have I got something wrong here?
>
> PDS systems cost more and take up space
>
> Why would anyone want them instead of ECM?

You don't want either/or. You want both, at least on vehicles big enough
to mount a PDS. This can make big tanks nearly immune to missle fire. I
have a superheavy tank design:

Size 5 Hull, Armour 5R, 2x MDC/5 TU, SUP FireCon, SUP ECM, EHN PDS,
APFC,
1xAPSW. (I think - it's been months since I played DS2, I'm afraid. I am
sure about the ECM/PDS/Armour combo)

This damn thing is nearly immune to missles. I've had 10+ missles
volleyed
at a platoon of three of these tanks, and all the missles have either
been
spoofed, shot down, or bounced off the armour. It rolls d10, d8 to
defend
against missles, and the Reactive armour makes most surviving missles
bounce!

Throw an ADS vehicle in, and missle fire near these beasts becomes a
complete waste of time.

Smaller vehicles have to make do with ECM and occasional ADS support,
but
with vehicles large enough, it's usually worth it to add PDS as well.

Brian (yh728@victoria.tc.ca)
http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html

Prev: Re: Roughnecks Debacle Next: [wt?]Woodland Scenics