Prev: Hull Repairs Next: Re: [FT] Vector vs. cinematic; air vs. naval

RE: Repair hull/armour?

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 10:21:13 +1000
Subject: RE: Repair hull/armour?

One viable option for this which I mentioned previously (there's several
different takes on this):

FTFB armour is treated as the ship's shields.  Screen generators don't
affect beam fire, but regenerate the shields at 1 point per generator.
One
thing about this is you can keep the trek feel of it (Shields down to
20%,
captain, and the engine room is offline!).  The only problem is how to
use
ablative armour (the USS Defiant has changed some of the ST ship rules)

'Neath Southern Skies - http://users.mcmedia.com.au/~denian/