Prev: Re: Sandcasters Next: RE: Starship Troopers Action Fleet

Re: Sandcasters

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 15:54:42 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Sandcasters

I'm just wondering why everyone seems to feel the need to PSB the
sandcasters into doing anything other than affecting beams.

If it just affects beams you help the convoy problem of people
attacking just the convoy.  You can already deal with fighters
and SML's, that's what ADFC's are for.	If it acts as cheap
armor then all the small fry will carry them for the approach.
After all, they only need it for one turn (if the Admiral has
1/2 of a clue).

I still think the best idea is place your convoy 6 feet off the
table and say you are doing an intercept of the attackers.  They
need to get their force across the table to get to the convoy.
Also, in a 1 off you have to play with victory conditions.  The
loss of a destroy will normally be worth more than what the
convoy is carrying.

My current cargo ship in our campaign is carrying extremely
important supplies, 2 fighter squadrons and 7 replacement
salvo missiles.  Is it worth a destroyer to knock these
off?  I doubt it, but maybe...

Roger

Prev: Re: Sandcasters Next: RE: Starship Troopers Action Fleet