Prev: Re: Trouble gettin' stuff? Next: Re: railguns

RE: railguns

From: "Brian Bell" <bkb@b...>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 22:04:41 -0400
Subject: RE: railguns

I'm not going to take the time to search the archives, but I believe
that
Oerjan is one of those players who uses cm instead of inches. This gives
him
about a 2.5 times the game area for the same size table.

---
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net <mailto:bkb@beol.net>
http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/
---

-----Original Messages-----
bbrush@rev.state.ne.us

[snip]
I must say I find it interesting just how big a range of velocities you
see
people talk about on this list.  Oerjan says his capitals move at V, of
18
and his escorts of 36.	I would think this would take a VERY large
table,
otherwise everything would just go screaming off the other side of the
table
and that would be the end of the game.	Most games I've watched on
standard
4x6 or 4x8 tables have velocities of around 8-18, depending heavily on
the
nationality and maneuverability of the ship.

"Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@telia.com> on 09/16/99

80 km/s is speed 36... that's about twice the speed of my
slowest-moving capital ships, and slower than my fastest escorts. If
they can survive running into space dust at those speeds, they're not
going to have *that* much problem with small slugs.. and that's quite
apart from the fact that some of my ships can *outrun* those slugs :-/

Prev: Re: Trouble gettin' stuff? Next: Re: railguns