Prev: RE: railguns Next: Re: Trouble gettin' stuff?

Re: Concertina Wire, Camo Netting, Barbed Wire in 25mm

From: "Scott Spieker" <scspieker@n...>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 12:37:53 -0400
Subject: Re: Concertina Wire, Camo Netting, Barbed Wire in 25mm

    I have been using barbed wire with all of my 25/28mm games and I had
found a quick simple and easy to utilize option of making it.  I had
purchased a roll of the plastic screen material after my dog had tried
jump through the door to get the post man.  When I was done replacing
the
screen, I had noticed that many of the off cuts that I had remaining,
when
cut as one long single strip from the mesh, that the cut portions of the
'horizontal' section looked like spikes.
    I then purchased a box of wooden matches, cut the heads off and used
the
xacto on the 'square' edges to make them look a little more rough.  Then
had used a small amount of super glue to fasten the 'wire' to the posts.
The posts were connected to a base and wound up as I went along to make
the
wire seem coiled.  The effect was perfect.  All I had to do was paint it
all.

    I had tried the aluminum type mesh, but with the guys I normally
play
with, they had a tendency to get crushed and not replaceable easily.
With
the plastic screen material, the guys could do their worst and not have
any
lasting effects on the wire.  It just bounced back to it's original
position
and that was that.  All they have to do now is worry about them stabbing
themselves on the wooden stakes...  If anyone is interested in photos,
please contact me privately and I will forward some on to you.

Scott Spieker

Prev: RE: railguns Next: Re: Trouble gettin' stuff?