Prev: Full Metal Anorack, the Role Playing Game. Next: RE: railguns

Re: Trouble gettin' stuff?

From: Fabet@a...
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 12:25:55 EDT
Subject: Re: Trouble gettin' stuff?

In a message dated 9/16/99 1:35:13 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
ajohnson@idirect.com writes:

<<
 What happens is that the stores order only a few items at a time from
their
 regular distributors, but because GZG stuff isn't a huge seller, the
 distributors wait for orders to build up to the point where they have
 enough stuff on order to get a good discount from the supplier.  So
your
 order sits in limbo for months.  This happens a lot with smaller
suppliers'
 products - and is annoying as heck...>>

There has been a bad track record among distributors over the past few
years
of them deciding what was selling (not customers or retailers). There
are
many places in the U.S. who haven't even heard of Full Thurst yet
because of
this attitude.
In many cases the distributors never order restocks. The whole point of
distributor is to have a central ordering point for retailers. They
often
drop whole lines with no notice. Unfortunarley Geohex/GZG is A major
distributor has recentl taken to cutting preorders (read as guaranteed
sale).

 <<OR it could be the store doing the same thing and not telling you the
truth
 about it - ie waiting until they have enough orders so THEY can get
their
 discount from the distributor.  I've had that happen a couple of
times.>>

This is also far too true. Lazy retailers are far too common. If they
really
have a problem ordering minimum quantities from manufactures, they
should let
you know. Most of my customers are willing to add to an order to help or
at
least suggest items their likel to pick up in the future.

<< If you are having trouble, order direct from GeoHex (www.geohex.com)
OR
 from GZG themselves in England.  If you're ordering vehicle kits, order
 from GeoHex 'cause the shipping costs from England will be huge.  My
 friends and I have ordered from KR (at GeoHex) several times, and have
been
 quite satisfied with the service.  Because I'm in Canada, we play the
value
 of our dollar against that of the US, the Brit Pound, and the
Australian
 Dollar.  Sometimes it's cheaper for us to order from Australia even
with
 the extra shipping, and Nick at Eureka miniatures there is excellent.
But
 if you're in the US, go direct to GeoHex and they'll set you right.  >>

Or browbeat your retailer. If the're not going directly to Geohex now,
tell
them you will.

Faron Betchley

Little Wars
11213'C' Lee Highway
Fairfax VA 22030
(703) 352-9222
(703) 352-9279<fax>

Prev: Full Metal Anorack, the Role Playing Game. Next: RE: railguns