Prev: Re: railguns Next: Full Metal Anorack, the Role Playing Game.

Re: railguns

From: bbrush@r...
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 11:14:43 -0500
Subject: Re: railguns

Recoil arresters, absorbers, etc. would be a requirement on this system
I think.
:-)  Of course if they have inertial dampers, then there's no reason
they
couldn't use something similar to help reduce recoil.  PSB

Bill

Roger Books <books@mail.state.fl.us> on 09/16/1999 11:06:27 AM

Please respond to gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

  To:	       gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

  cc:	       (bcc: Bill Brush/InfSys/Revenue)

  Subject      Re: railguns
  :

 Ok, now
> assume a projectile of 1 gram (itty bitty).  So we have
>
> Energy=.5*.001*600,000^2=1.8*10^8 joules, or about 1/3 of a kton of
TNT

> A 10 gram projectile will be 1.8*10^9 or about 3 kton of TNT

.01 Kg forward@600Km/s = 100,000Kg backwards@190m/s and that's for
one pellet.  :)

Prev: Re: railguns Next: Full Metal Anorack, the Role Playing Game.