Prev: Purveyors of fine GZG products Next: Re: Trouble gettin' stuff?

Re: Trouble gettin' stuff?

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 09:26:10 +0100
Subject: Re: Trouble gettin' stuff?

>On Wed, 15 Sep 1999, John Newman wrote:
>
>> Is anyone having trouble getting things from Ground Zero Games in the
US?
>> I'm having a bugger of a time trying to get my light APC and riflemen
in
>> at the hobby store.	They have been on back order for about 2 mos.
now.

>> Is this common or maybe just a prob with a distributer?
>
>The distributers seem to not want to carry the stuff. I've gone through
>two diff stores. The Distributers will hem and haw about not being able
>to get this or that. The store goes direct to GZG and its out in a
flash.

KR at GeoHex can give you much more info on this than I can, but from
what
I can see (and the rumours I've been hearing through the industry links)
the US distributor system is currently very shaky and unstable, with
takeovers and closures happening all over the place. I know KR does his
level best to ensure that stores in the US get the stuff that you all
want
to buy, but they may have to go direct to him if their distributors
won't
play ball.

Just to clarify things for US list members (especially some new members
who
may be a bit confused by all this), there is really no such thing as
"GZG
US". GZG is entirely UK based, and we supply from here to all UK and
European customers. US production, distribution and sales of GZG ranges
are
handled by GeoHex as a licensee for the American market; similarly, our
licensee for Australasia is Eureka Miniatures. Thus when Ryan says above
that "The store goes direct to GZG...", what he actually means is that
they
go direct to GEOHEX, and not to us in the UK.

Jon (GZG)