Prev: Re: ADB, from a former SFB-er Next: Re: Search for historical presence: Small vessels and the Wall or Line of Battle

Re: Concertina Wire, Camo Netting, Barbed Wire in 25mm

From: Adrian Johnson <ajohnson@i...>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 02:06:39 -0400
Subject: Re: Concertina Wire, Camo Netting, Barbed Wire in 25mm

>I stumbled aross some aluminum mesh that fits the bill quite nicely at
Michaels (N. American craft store chain for you guys on the other side
of
the 'pond')

>The 12"x24' was $4.99 but the way I figure it when cut in strips one
'wire' wide  that is less than 5 cents a foot for 25mm concertina wire!

I have a roll of "Wire Form...expandable modeling armature for
sculpture,
model making, arts and crafts" - which is an aluminum mesh.  20" wide by
10' long roll for about $20 Canadian.  Produced by "Paragona Art
Products,
Inc" of Santa Monica, California.  Great stuff with MANY different
applications in modelling.  For those not in N.America, I suggest
looking
for similar in art supply stores, if you can't find good aluminum mesh
in a
DIY or automotive suppy store.

Adrian