Prev: Re: [getting very OT] Re: Background? Next: Re: Ork Origins

Re: Background? was Re: SGII Newbie Question

From: Donald Hosford <hosford.donald@a...>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 00:25:37 -0400
Subject: Re: Background? was Re: SGII Newbie Question

Los wrote:

> > A pretty good read, but in a game, would you ever want to play
anything
> > other than the Slammers?  They have better armor, better infantry,
better
> > artillery, and have a theater defense grid tight enough to intercept
> > incoming artillery.  Yeah, those are guys I want to
> > fight. I'm surprised opposing merc companies don't just surrender as
soon as
> > the Slammers hit the dirt.
>
> What you mean there's people that don't like playing the bad guys or
> underdogs?
>
> Los

This reminds me of a "Squad Leader" scenario I once played.  (Squad
Leader for
those who don't know is the predissesor to Advanced Squad Leader.  Both
by the old
Avalon Hill.)
  We were playing the first scenario.  (It covered the paratroop drops
just prior
to the normany invasion by the americans.)  I was playing the american
paratroopers, and my friend played the german defenders.  Talk about an
unbalanced
scenario!  The only way the germans can lose, is to move their units out
of their
starting positions (various villages)!

I don't mind playing villians either, I just refuse to play a scenario
where my
side has no chance at all.... Its ok if I have a chance, it then becomes
challenge.

Donald Hosford

Prev: Re: [getting very OT] Re: Background? Next: Re: Ork Origins