Prev: Re: Trouble gettin' stuff? Next: Re: ST Tactical Simulator

Re: SGII Newbie Question

From: Alan E and Carmel J Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 13:58:37 +1000
Subject: Re: SGII Newbie Question

UsClintons@aol.com wrote:

> Again I see what your are saying, but all this assumes that 'my' orcs
are
> based upon what the current 40k orcs are.  This is not so.

> In the original 40k "Rogue Trader" orcs were fully capable of
long-range
> fire, high tech weapons (plasma, melta, etc.) It is my understanding
that in
> the last two editions they have become much more close combat
specialized and
> lost most of the high tech weapons.

I play Epic 40k, and mainly with Orks (with a k). The feel is similar to
a 1942 vintage Russian or 1970s vintage Chinese army, with a front line
of good assault troops (heck, good troops overall), some massed average
cannon-fodder behind them, and a 3rd line of vast quantities of
short-ranged artillery (equivt of Mortars).
In terms of indirect fire at close range, the Orks in E40k are Firepower
supremos. Long range artillery is different: they don't have any.

Modern analogy:
Elite troops with GLs etc at the front.
Normal (I won't say 'Green') in the middle.
And behind that, for every platoon, at least 2 81mm mortars and an HMG.

--
	      http://www2.dynamite.com.au/aebrain
 abrain@cs.adfa.edu.au o O*OO^^^^OO*O o oo     oo oo	 oo

Prev: Re: Trouble gettin' stuff? Next: Re: ST Tactical Simulator