Prev: FT manoevres Next: Re: FT manoevres

Slammers (was Background?/SGII Newbie)

From: Aron_Clark@d...
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 09:23:04 -0700
Subject: Slammers (was Background?/SGII Newbie)

I don't know about this whole thread.  I'd be happy to play, say DSII,
in the
Slammers universe.  I'd also be happy to run the "Indig" forces or
another
mercenary force, and I'd do my best to hand it to the Slammers on a
plate.	Of
course I think that this sort of play, developed setting with one
powerful
force, can be played successfully with careful consideration to the
design of a
scenario.

I'm sure that most wargamers will agree that a fair and balanced game is
one in
which each side has a reasonable chance of achieving their specific
objectives.
These objectives are then made more challenging by the opposing forces
or the
scenario itself.  For instance, in Slammers game why not pit the HS
against
another well equipped mercenary force or a weakened HS force attempting
breakthrough an overwhelming Indig force.  The same can be said for the
Honor
Harrington series, it seems to me that the Manticoran & Peoples Republic
are not
the only factions in this setting.  Why not develop some of the others
as well.
- Aron

Los <los@cris.com> on 09/15/99 11:34:55 AM

Please respond to gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

To:   gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
cc:    (bcc: Aron Clark/AM/Avid)
Subject:  Re: Background? was Re: SGII Newbie Question

> A pretty good read, but in a game, would you ever want to play
anything
> other than the Slammers?  They have better armor, better infantry,
better
> artillery, and have a theater defense grid tight enough to intercept
> incoming artillery.  Yeah, those are guys I want to
> fight. I'm surprised opposing merc companies don't just surrender as
soon as
> the Slammers hit the dirt.

What you mean there's people that don't like playing the bad guys or
underdogs?

Los

Prev: FT manoevres Next: Re: FT manoevres