Prev: Re: SGII Newbie Question Next: Re: [FT] Re: Small vessels and the Line of Battle

Re: SGII Newbie Question

From: UsClintons@a...
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 00:23:14 EDT
Subject: Re: SGII Newbie Question

In a message dated 9/12/99 10:54:35 PM Central Daylight Time,
los@cris.com
writes:

> We know nothing about your custom made ORCS but then
> when something gets said you go all defensive.

Hmmm...don't feel defensive and sorry if I sounded like that.  Just
trying to
'stir' the debate.  It helps me to 'think things through'.

I will email you what little I have so far.  Be warned, it has been
play-tested only a little so far and will probably need to be 'tweaked'.

But all this talk of "play balance" (by you and others) has me
wondering...how do you define that?  Really, I see play balance SOLELY
as a
scenario to scenario issue.

For example a US Rangers squad is not a balanced match VS a SINGLE Viet
Cong
squad.	But if I was setting up a Vietnam scenario I would simply pit
the
Rangers against several Cong squads or have them stumble into an ambush
or
make them the attacker, etc.  So, I am not clear what you (and others)
really
mean by making the orcs "balanced".  They simply have their advantages
and
disadvantages over the 'human norm' and each scenario must be created
with
care so as to be fairly balanced, like any scenario.

Later,
SC

Prev: Re: SGII Newbie Question Next: Re: [FT] Re: Small vessels and the Line of Battle