Prev: Re: [FT] PSB and Turn Length Next: Re: FB small carrier construction

Re: Concertina Wire, Camo Netting, Barbed Wire in 25mm

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 12:18:16 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Concertina Wire, Camo Netting, Barbed Wire in 25mm

On Fri, 10 Sep 1999, Thomas Barclay wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> You modellers out there who knew 50 ways to make rivets ought to
> surely have some suggestions on:
>
> Straight strand barbed wire.

I don't know - the fine-mesh-strip method has been recommended, and I've
seen some nice looking wire done this was, but I've never done it. I
should - I've got some appropriate mesh somewhere on my workbench...

> Roll concertina (razor) wire.

I use very thin wire - I think it's 0.005" or similar, sold at the
hardware store as 'hobby wire'. Just wrap it around a dowel or something
-
hip or waist high on your figures as someone else said. I've got a few
lengths of this as scenery - it looks pretty good. No 'barbs', but razor
wire really doesn't have obvious barbs on it.

> Cam netting. Specifically the netting that has leafy bits of plastic
> hanging off it.

Medical gauze. See <http://warbard.iwarp.com/scenery.html> for full
details, but basically peg it out on a board, paint it, and sprinkle
green
flocking/ground foam on it while the paint is still wet. Looks really
good, and it's fast.

Have fun with modelling,

Brian (yh728@victoria.tc.ca)
http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html

Prev: Re: [FT] PSB and Turn Length Next: Re: FB small carrier construction