Prev: Re: [FT] PSB and Turn Length Next: Re: Stellardyne Minis Was: Space Above and Beyond GZG conversions

Re: Sensors

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 09:47:03 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Sensors

On  9-Sep-99 at 23:55, Sean Bayan Schoonmaker (schoon@aimnet.com) wrote:

> Your ranges seem quite short to me - even for tabletop play. It seems
that
> you have to get REALLY close to see much of anything.

What would you recommend, doubling all the electronic ranges?

One thing I will point out, this is for a campaign game.  If I can
fool you into thinking I have a bigger fleet than I do you may run away,
but if you have full info well out of weapons range you can't fool
anybody and I would say just drop EW all together as pointless.  If I
can disguise my ships until they are close enough to fire you MAY stick
around not realizing that those two ships that just came into range
24 are SDNs, whereas if you knew they were SDN's you would have saved
your assets and jumped out of system long ago.

It is also easily nullified, bring one real scout with your fleet.
The way the rules are written the sensor has a major advantage over
the detected.

Roger Books

Prev: Re: [FT] PSB and Turn Length Next: Re: Stellardyne Minis Was: Space Above and Beyond GZG conversions