Prev: Avalon 3D pic update Next: [FT] Jump Limits

Re: [OT] World Sci Fi Con comments

From: "Jeremy Sadler" <jsadler@e...>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 20:17:19 +1000
Subject: Re: [OT] World Sci Fi Con comments

>Apparently Crusade was cancelled before it had gone to air by TNT
because
>the show was "too intellectual" and that TNT's recommendations would
have
>turned it into "Baywatch meets wrestling in space".  I think that says
lot
>about TNT's management.

JMS was asked exactly what happened with Crusade, and had obviously told
the
story many times. However not many in the Australian audience had heard
it,
so he retold it. Basically, he had been left alone with B5 to do his own
thing, but Crusade was TNT's first dramatic series and thus the "suits"
and
head office thought they had to be involved to put their own stamp on
it.
Back and forth went the fight, until eventually he (according to this
story)
told them "NO" in no uncertain terms. Plug pulled on Crusade.

>Other projects: Nothing concrete, but he did admit he has 'embarked on
new
>SF project but will only reveal he is collaborating with a "well-known
>science fiction producer". "The new show promises to be even more
involved
>and also have a five years story to it." '

This is definitely more than he was willing to reveal at the con.

>Jeremy, any further highlights which may be of interest to the general
list?

Not really. There was a (card) game section, and some gaming retailers,
but
nothing serious. The B5 games were present though.

Jeremy

Prev: Avalon 3D pic update Next: [FT] Jump Limits