Prev: RE: pulse torpedo damage allocation Next: RE: Text or HTML

RE: Text or HTML

From: "Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 16:43:21 +0100
Subject: RE: Text or HTML

>  I have really enjoyed all the discussions of new rules, but one thing
>is starting to become a huge problem.	It seems that the digests that I
>have been getting are only a few messages as the majority of the digest
>is HTML tags. I know that most mail programs allow you to turn this
>off.  Is there something that can we can do to cut down on all of the
>wasted space?

Jeff

its an ongoing problem caused by mailer options and cut & paste
operations between mailer windows and applications. What you get is HTML
or rich text or some other text format encoding mime type (this assumes
that it isn't a problem with the digest process but I'd very much doubt
it - Matt?)

The best way to stop it is to identify the posters in the digest and
politely inform them that their posts are having formatting problems,
most will be unaware of inappropriate format posts, and happy to comply.
I know I was unaware on the occasions I have fallen foul of the cut and
paste gotcha.

There is a slight issue in that some mail clients are very difficult
to get to stop doing it. The least we can do is try, as it
is in the spirit of the list charter to post in plain text.

FYI these posts also muck up the archives as Jerry's process
is all plain text perl based.

-= tim jones =-

Prev: RE: pulse torpedo damage allocation Next: RE: Text or HTML