Prev: Re: Minis Next: Re: [URL] FT CGI

Re: Modern 25mm

From: Michael Sarno <msarno@p...>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 13:05:07 -0400
Subject: Re: Modern 25mm

Brian Burger wrote:

> With FMA's ground scale of 1 inch=2 meters, 15mm figures are nearly
> EXACTLY in scale - for once, a game where ground scale & figure scale
> match up!

    Hey, some of us have been playing games where ground scale~figure
scale for
years. <g>

> I use 15mm for SG2, exclusively. The games aren't actually any larger
than
> a 25mm game - we still use 1inch=10meters - but it looks bigger
becuase
> the figs are smaller. Less cluttered, esp. with vehicles.

    I'm still just starting to collect my SGII figures, but I'm already
preparing
for 15mm.  I have a squad of 25mm to bring to BYOS games, but I
definitely like the
look of SGII in 15mm.  The LOS rules also seem to work better with
buildings and
vehicles in 15mm.

-Michael

--
Michael Sarno

http://vietnam.isonfire.com
Check out my updated Charlie Company web pages!
Info, resources, and links for RAFM's miniatures
skirmish wargame of infantry combat in Vietnam 1965-1972

"No nation should put the burden of war
 on its military forces alone."
 -General William C. Westmoreland,
		  US Army, retired