Prev: Re: TBA designs Next: Minis

Fire lanes

From: Bulldog <kaladorn@h...>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 03:30:28 -0400
Subject: Fire lanes

I thought the simplest suggestion (forgot whose) was to fire at your
target in cover, then resolve with the only possible result being
suppression (that is to say "I ain't going out there - it's
dangerous!").

And I liked FMD (Full Metal Dropship) as a good name for the planetary
metacampaign game.  There have been a number of various era boardgames
to address this but I don't know of one that exactly matches the
GZGverse cannon PSBs (from which one could baseline). So it'll be up to
us to come up wiht some workable ideas.

<insert author>'s suggestion has something to recommend it over my own
for autofire. I like using the suggested weapon multiplier to RB and RB
based on quality from earlier discussions (meshes with SG2 and lets you
generate varying quality weapons), but the idea of an autofire that you
can arc is useful. Though properly done, it should menace targets
between you and the shooter, on the target line, and for a fair piece
beyond that. Also note that your method of using high FP die for small
sprays makes them as lethal as the weapon can be. I'd think any spray is
a degradation of effecive FP. I'd start 1 ds down, and work out from
there. And you'd still have to do enough bookeeping or memorization to
know a SAW goes in increments of 1", an GPMG in increments of 2" and an
HMG back in increments of 1" (dangerous... but not high enough ROF for
max suppresion).

I'll be running an FMA Skirmish on Thursday. I may try out the other
method for a certain amount of simplicity. Though I like my own (grin).

Prev: Re: TBA designs Next: Minis