Prev: Re: FMA Suppression Next: Re: Ndege's latest ship/map work

Re: FMA Suppression

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 00:23:46 -0400
Subject: Re: FMA Suppression

Allan Goodall wrote:

> Okay, the firepower of the weapon is D8. It's a SAW. If he is firing
at a
> single target the firepower is unmodified. If he is firing along an
arc no
> wider than 2" at his "target range", then the firepower is still D8.
If he is
> firing with an arc greater than 2" but up to 4" the firepower would
drop to
> D6. If the arc is 6" wide, the firepower would drop to D4. Any wider
than 6"
> and the die would have to be modified below D4. At that point, the
fire is too
> dispersed and doesn't work.

OK I'm tracking. I'll have to give it a spin on one of my playtests.

> I snipped the fire lane example. That could work. The problem I can
see is a
> lot of fire lanes from multiple attackers, resulting in some
confusion. I'd
> have to play it out, though, to see if it would be a problem in
actuality.

Well of course if one is going to have all his gunners setting up fire
lanes (at
reduced FP) then he won't have those weapons around to fire them at high
value targets
when he needs them. It's his call. (Only meant to be one more tool in
the box, not a
game winner).

Cheers...

Los

Prev: Re: FMA Suppression Next: Re: Ndege's latest ship/map work