Prev: Re: Civilian Shipping Next: Re: Civilian Shipping

Re: FT: Nova Cannons and Wave Guns, as plasma torpedoes

From: "Peter Caron" <pcaron@c...>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 19:09:39 -0700
Subject: Re: FT: Nova Cannons and Wave Guns, as plasma torpedoes

>>some
>>should

This is what we did.

Plasma Torp: Use Wavegun rules to charge.  Use Missile rules to launch,
move
and hit.
    The 1st turn on the board Plasma Torp does 3d6 damage; 2d6 on the
second, 1d6 on the third
(and final) turn.  Does damage when target ship fires it's weapons (or
at
the end of the turn when
all firing has been completed).  Target may opt to fire some or all of
it's
beam weapons at the Plasma
Torp as if it were another ship with 0 screens.  Any damage done to the
plasma is deducted from
the damage done to the target ship when the Plasma hits.

For example, target ship fires at Plasma doing 6 points damage.  Plasma
rolls 3d6 damage and
subtracts 6 from the roll.  Target's screens DO NOT protect vs. plasma.

I bought some FAT oblong beads from Walmart (on sale) and layered them
in
coats of paint.  First
white, then yellow, then part orange (letting the yellow streak through)
and
then red letting the yellow
and orange streak through.  Mounted them on small wood disks.  Looks
"stunning" on the board.

We've had very good games with these torps.

Pete

Prev: Re: Civilian Shipping Next: Re: Civilian Shipping