Prev: Re: FT fighter combat (game idea) Next: Civilian Shipping

Re: FT fighter combat (game idea)

From: Thomas Pope <tpope@c...>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 10:52:02 -0400
Subject: Re: FT fighter combat (game idea)

"Bell, Brian K" wrote:

> What a great idea for GZG-ECC. Make a paper-mache  Jeanne D'Arc that
will
> cover a table. Then use Escort size ships as fighters and conduct a
battle.

Actually, if the FT starships really are 1/2000 as advertised, that's
only 6.66 times bigger than 1/300 (unless my math is faulty).  That'd
make the Jeanne D'Arc still a bit unwieldy, but anything from a corvette
to a destroyer wouldn't be unreasonable.

Hmmm...  Picture, if you will...

- A huge fleet action, capital ships trading massive volleys of fire,
escorts
  darting this way and that trying to exploit any weakness.  Fighters
flitting
  about in swarms around the larger ships...

- A battleship's drives are hit, and it falls away from the pack...
Boarding
  shuttles swarm towards it like parasites, protected by a couple of
fighter
  groups...  The last few defending fighters fall back to protect the
crippled
  ship...

- Zoom in to the fighter battle, twisting turning dogfight as the
shuttles plod
  along towards their target...  The shuttles make contact, blast
through the
  hull and...

- Zoom in once again to a boarding action in FMA scale, bulkhead to
bulkhead
  combat as marines fight their way to the bridge...

> I wish that I had the talent to pull it off.

Time...  Talent...  Money...  It's be a darn cool game though!

Tom

--
Thomas Pope
Human Computer Interaction Institute

Prev: Re: FT fighter combat (game idea) Next: Civilian Shipping