Prev: Re: [GZG-TER] Measuring Sticks Next: [FT] Fleet Book II?

Re: FMA/SG2 CC question

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 11:04:39 -0700
Subject: Re: FMA/SG2 CC question

Thomas Barclay wrote:

> Scenario:
> Unit (or in FMA) figure fires on another nearby figure (say 8" away).
> Then says "I combat move up to that figure or unit". Rolls, makes it.
> They are standing toe to toe. My gut feeling is to resolve a CC, only
> this is nasty because
> 1) the attacker only spent 1 action to do it (so it's great efficiency
> wise), 2) the attacker didn't test to initiate, the defender to stand.

My decending list of preferences...
1. I say no CC. The guy didn't plan it out ahead. He gets there and
takes
a point blank in the face. Maybe next turn he can get a  leader to give
him an action. I don't think a firefight a point blank is cheesy. I have
friends to whom this has happened to for real. After all firefights take
place at 1 or 2 meters just like they do at 50 meters. (remember the
apricot story?)

2. He can CC after a +2 reaction check but the defender gets a free
reaction fire on him. (maybe no threat check on the defender or an
option
fora free withdrawl?)

Why penalize the defender for poor planning on the attacker's part?

Los

Prev: Re: [GZG-TER] Measuring Sticks Next: [FT] Fleet Book II?