Prev: Re: Gamers in S. Korea? Next: RE: The UN

RE: FTL Jumps and making it tricky...

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 07:53:57 -0400
Subject: RE: FTL Jumps and making it tricky...

	I always used the PSB of tachyons escaping the jump point/area
for
detection. This should give some warning.

	For jump points/areas I have always used one of two methods:
	1) The jump point is above/below the stellar pole at a sizeable
distance. This would allow for ships near the important worlds time to
meet
the incomming force away from the property they protect.
	2) The jump area is a hollow sphere about 1/2 way to the Oort
Cloud
and about 1au in width. Again, this allows ships to be stationed near
the
important real estate, but have time to travel out for battle.

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
http://fly.to/fullthrust
-----

Prev: Re: Gamers in S. Korea? Next: RE: The UN