Prev: FTL Jumps and making it tricky... Next: Re: Fw: [FT] Islamic Federation ships and request to Nyrath

RE: FTL Jumps and making it tricky...

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 10:20:34 +1000
Subject: RE: FTL Jumps and making it tricky...

Wrong game universe for most of this theory.  There aren't any 'jump
points'
in the Tuffleyverse, as a normal jump can spit you out several light
minutes
off your plotted exit point.

Pg44-45 of FTFB covers all the known details of jump theory.

The closer you are to a gravity well, the shorter the jump.  So if you
have
picket ships in the outer system, the energy of jump translation should
be
picked up, unless its a large system, or their navigators make a very
risky
jump strait into a gravity well.

If you play in the Starwarz universe, I use 5% mass per gravity well
generator, with the effect of dragging a ship out of hyperspace &
causing a
4+threshold on the hyperdrive.

'Neath Southern Skies
http://users.mcmedia.com.au/~denian/