Prev: Re: Quick subject switch to SGII (was: Re: Vector Movement) Next: DragonFlight Con - Aug 27th -> 29th

Re: FT: rear firing arcs, home-made star mat

From: "Clear me for docking. Put away the breakables, turn on the landing lights. I'm coming in..." <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 13:23:31 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: FT: rear firing arcs, home-made star mat

>We've been playing that you can fire to the rear arc at any time.
>Anyone else do this?
>What is your standard mode of play for the rear arc?

It really varies. I'm pretty flexible with this rule. Sometimes we
play it that you can't, sometimes that you can, sometimes you can
ONLY if you did not use thrust to accel/decel that turn (course
changing is no problem).

Ultimately it varies with the game/scenario, the players I'm with,
the phase of the moon, and how people are feeling that day. Half the
time this comes up when someone finds someone else in their rear arc
and can't fire at anything else. They ask if they can fire out the
rear. Sometimes we're stickly for the rules, other times it's just
sporting so don't worry about it. Again, it really varies. Sometimes
it depends on the players involved, the game/scenario being played,
the phase of the moon that month, and whether or not Mars is in the
House of Scorpio.

:-)

>I got cheap and made my own star map playing area.  I bought a
>black bedsheet and a white paint pen and dotted the sheet.  I took
>some paint and dotted a few colored stars (red, green, yellow, blue).
>I tried to add in a nebula with brushes but that didn't work as well.
>Any other ideas for adding a nebula without spraying/air brushing?

I had a plain black cloth for a while that I used. Never had the
time to do anything fancy with it. Then I got a Geo-Hex starmat.
I haven't looked back.	;-)

Mk
-
"What's that on our sensors?"
"It's an, um, cloud, of starships."
"Cloud?"
"I know it's not a strictly correct military term, but I count
 eighty thousand three hundred and twenty two ships. I've told them
 that we're surrendering."

				   "Excession", by Iain M Banks

Prev: Re: Quick subject switch to SGII (was: Re: Vector Movement) Next: DragonFlight Con - Aug 27th -> 29th