Prev: Re: Quick subject switch to SGII (was: Re: Vector Movement) Next: Re: Quick subject switch to SGII (was: Re: Vector Movement)

RE: Armageddon Outfitter (was: Granaatscherven)

From: Tom Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 18:41:12 +0100 (BST)
Subject: RE: Armageddon Outfitter (was: Granaatscherven)

On Fri, 20 Aug 1999, Robertson, Brendan wrote:

> One suggested addition to Armageddon Outfitter; how about the ability
> enter the number of weapons of a specific type?

that would be nice. it would also add consistency: at the moment, you
can
specify the multiplicity of FireCons and PDSs (which don't need
details),
but not beams (which do). my designs regularly have six identical
class-2
batteries, so having to enter all six can be a pain.

what most needs doing, though, is some debugging of event propagation;
if
i alter the hull type, the right-hand pane changes, but the left-hand
one
does not, so that there is an incorrect figure for hull mass and points.
there are a few other things like this, i seem to recall, to do with
changing system settings (which i can't reproduce just at the moment).

also, a version number on the page would be handy: i have downloaded the
HTML/JS (oops - i hope you don't mind) so that i can use it when not
dialled up.

ah - i also worked out a better way of doing the graphical version.
rather
than CGIing together a single gif, make an html layout (with a table
set?)
which contains icon gifs, like the hull/armour display at the moment.

tom