Prev: Re: Vector Movement Next: Re: FMA Simple Skills

Re: Vector Movement

From: Aron_Clark@d...
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 08:44:20 -0700
Subject: Re: Vector Movement

I'm going to have to agree with the "No ruler, or pre-measurment" rule
for games
which I play in.  Heck you can do what you like in your games ;)  Does
your
computer "really" know where I am if your shooting at me.  I imagine my
computers are engaging in a wide variety of Electronic Counter Measures
(sending
ghost signals, throwing up random walls of static, and the like).  By
pre-measuring a certain amount of any game's strategic challenge is then
removed.  I like that nervous feeling of not knowing weather to continue
close or to begin the attack, or even guessing I should be over there in
about a
turn or so but I hope he just ends up over there.  Ahh, but that's just
my
opinion.

Roger Books <books@mail.state.fl.us> on 08/20/99 08:04:53 AM

Please respond to gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

To:   gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
cc:    (bcc: Aron Clark/AM/Avid)

On 20-Aug-99 at 11:02, Sean Bayan Schoonmaker (schoon@aimnet.com) wrote:
> >Urrrr....what 'no ruler' rule?
>
> No measuring ranges. Though it specifies only weapon shots, I take the
> spirit of the rule to include estimation of another ship's movement -
in
> this case for SML placement.

You are going to have to point this one out.  This is one thing I
was watching for and didn't see it.  It doesn't make sense anyway,
if I can shoot at you then my computer knows how far away you are.

Roger

Prev: Re: Vector Movement Next: Re: FMA Simple Skills