Prev: Painting tip: was Re: Stargrunt Vehicles from the Toystoreswww .galoob.com Next: Lafayette Incident

Re: Stargrunt Vehicles from the Toystores

From: Ryan M Gill <monty@a...>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 17:04:00 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Stargrunt Vehicles from the Toystores

On Wed, 18 Aug 1999, Paul Lesack wrote:

> The only problem I had is with the axles. Unless you glue the axle in
> place (which I would have if my wife hadn't insisted that the stuff be
> able to roll around), the paint comes off of its bright shiny chrome
> surface. Only about a millimetre* shows, though, so it's not too bad.

Go by your local Sports Authority and get some gun blue solution. Its a
great way to color a iron based piece of metal. Do not get it on your
hands. It will not eat the plastic though. Its essentially an acid that
creates a sacrificial coating and turns it dark blue/black. Just like
most firearms look (that are blued).

The process is
1. clean the part with alcohol.
2. swab gun blue soulution with a cotton tip on to the part.
3. wait 2 minutes.
4. was the part in water.

- Ryan Montieth Gill		DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 	     www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -

Prev: Painting tip: was Re: Stargrunt Vehicles from the Toystoreswww .galoob.com Next: Lafayette Incident