Prev: Re: [FT] PBeM Game - BYOF Next: [OFFICIAL] New Project, Help Needed!!

Re: Vector Movement

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 08:57:28 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Vector Movement

On 17-Aug-99 at 15:53, Oerjan Ohlson (oerjan.ohlson@telia.com) wrote:

> Under the FB vector rules you're only guaranteed to hit thrust-5 or
> slower ships; thrust-6 can still get away (full main thrust + full
> lateral thrust > 6 mu) :-/

Hey, I hadn't thought of that.	I'll make sure to not point it out
to my opponents.

It doesn't matter anyway, I may have to drop SM's.  My esteemed
opponents have decided that my SM's MUST BE STOPPED so I'm facing
capital ships with 20 PDS's and ADF's.

> > Here, try this on, in cinematic I am going against someone that
> > will start within 24" and have speed 5.
>
> Sure. Unfortunately my opponents usually fly at speed 20+ (OK, 14-20
> with the thrust-2 barges) instead of being immobile, which makes this
> example look like someones' wet dream in my eyes -/ (Um, yes - I'm an
> anorak, at least mentally. Didn't you know? <G>)

The random scenario generator specified speed, my opponent had no
choice.  :)  Of course, I didn't get to use it, he ran his cruiser into
the planet and I ran my two destroyers away from his battleship.

Roger

Prev: Re: [FT] PBeM Game - BYOF Next: [OFFICIAL] New Project, Help Needed!!