Prev: RE: A small request.... :-) Next: [FT] The Long Journey Home (AAR) Comment

Re: [FT] Eldar minis

From: Aaron Teske <ateske@H...>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 21:46:38 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Eldar minis

At 03:53 PM 8/14/99 -0700, trapper wrote:
>At 06:56 AM 8/13/99 -0400, Aaron Teske wrote:
>[snip]
>>Oh, dear.  (Of course, I've already *got* a plan for several of my
>>cruisers, based off an anime show -- Vampire Princess Miyu -- but my
>>escorts...?)			       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>How are you basing them off VPM?  Are you naming them after the Shinma,
or
>painting them similarly, or what?  Tell us more!

Naming and (planning) to paint, really.  My main problem has been a lack
of
names as far as the Shinma goes... I was going to use the translated
manga
as another source, but a flip through it (haven't read it yet) doesn't
show
many -- any -- names.  So I may have to look elsewhere... though on
reflection, I can't see the Eldar naming a ship "Yuzz-a-ma-Tuzz" so On
Beyond Zebra may not help as much as I'd like. ^_-

Anyway, the ships I'm working on include Miyu, an Eclipse cruiser that
will
either be black with red highlights or something closer to the blue-gray
outfit she's usually in in the show... either will have the VPM kanji
running down the hood; Larva, a Shadow cruiser that'll be black with
dark
blue highlights and an as-yet undetermined hood (though I'm likely to
try
imitating his mask); then the two named Shinma from the first two
episodes
(Raen and Ranka) as escort squadrons.  They would be painted close to
the
style of the critters in the anime, though I dunno if I'll be able to
fit
their names on the ships.  Lemures I want to save for a battleship,
should
one come out, since in the manga (from what I've been told) he's a very
powerful foil for Miyu over the course of time.  He'd be done in
red-on-black, which is why I don't really want to paint Miyu that way.
Se
Himiko will likely be another Eclipse, with dark green highlights, but
I'm
waiting on buying that for now.  (Got enough to paint!)  The armor from
the
3rd anime episode may show up somewhere, too... also not sure where I'll
put the different shinma yet, squadron-wise.  (Though Raen, the
"imitation"
vampire from ep.1 is likely to go with the Hemlocks, roughly connecting
the
pulsar lances with fangs... and he was fast, too.)

Hmm, reviewing the LDs real quick, Raen is a.k.a. Baku, so I guess
that's
another name I could use.  And Miyu uses more outfits than I thought...
heh, good, 'cause the blue-gray outfit I was thinking of (ep.1) is also
close to Raen's.  (White, red sash.)  Anyway... I'll muse later, gotta
find
time to paint now! ^_^;;

More later,

					Aaron Teske
					ateske@HICom.net
LAUNCH DAY!
A totally unprovoked attack on peaceful neighbors. Must be the race
file. Does strange things.
		--Rick Kucejko, on the War Monger PRT in Stars!

Prev: RE: A small request.... :-) Next: [FT] The Long Journey Home (AAR) Comment