Prev: Re: A small request.... :-) Next: Re:Kudos!

RE: [FT] Eldar minis

From: Aaron Teske <ateske@H...>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 21:06:00 -0400
Subject: RE: [FT] Eldar minis

At 09:51 AM 8/16/99 +1000, Beth wrote:
>>BFG miniatures the eldar ships do look very nice and are pricey
>>but different (5 pounds for a single ship)
>
>They didn't seem too bad to me - MUCH cheaper than what I'd expected
(its
>almost like GW is trying to sucker you in with the little guys before
>nailing you with the big ships)

Oh, yeah.  I actually picked up a Blackstone Fortress, but that was
because
the store owner offered me a discount if I could get it painted for the
in-store demo two days later.  I did.... ^_^  I'm waiting for a sale
before
I go for any of the BBs, my stock of Space Fleet ships does juuust fine
as
Imperial cruisers, and the plastics then make nice battlecruisers.

>especially since GW had mislabeled and
>priced the Shadow which they labeled as an Eclipse and priced at $14.95
(a
>bit of a shock to the shop owner who was paying $18.95 for them).

...?  Up here, the Shadow and Eclipse are both the same price... how
much
are your escort blisters?  (As for mislabeling, the local store received
blisters of Hemlocks -- the pulsar-lance ships -- that were mislabeled
as
Nightshades -- torp DDs.  I didn't have Hemlocks for a while, until I
looked more closely at all the Nightshade blisters....)

Later,

					Aaron Teske
					ateske@HICom.net
LAUNCH DAY!
A totally unprovoked attack on peaceful neighbors. Must be the race
file. Does strange things.
		--Rick Kucejko, on the War Monger PRT in Stars!

Prev: Re: A small request.... :-) Next: Re:Kudos!