Prev: Re: [SG2] Re: 15mm figures Next: RE: [FT] Eldar minis

RE: FMA Skills [CLEAN STAMP]

From: "Rick Rutherford" <rick@e...>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 09:01:35 -0400
Subject: RE: FMA Skills [CLEAN STAMP]

On 8/12/99 6:05 PM, Aron_Clark@digidesign.com wrote:
> One of the most intresting aspects I found was that of character
> skills, which was only briefly touched on .  I really liked the idea
of
> characters specializing in certian areas which would allow them to
> complete their mission goals much more concisley, or with more flash
> and flair.

A skill system would move FMA closer to being a core system for a
role-playing game, which might not be a bad thing, overall.
Certainly nothing else has stepped up to take the place of Traveller.

In their new miniatures game (called "Vor"), FASA figured out how to do
something that no other game company has done yet: add a role-playing
system to the miniatures game, so that players can improve their units
in
between games, and keep track of their units from one battle to the
next.
Even if there's nothing else to recommend the game, that will keep their
players coming back for more.

--
Rick Rutherford
I apologize in advance for the junk appended to this message by the mail

======
08/13/99 09:01:38

[INFO] -- Virus Manager:
This email message and any attachments were scanned by the WorldSecure
Server that protects Electronic Systems and it’s customers. No Viruses
were detected in this message.

======

Prev: Re: [SG2] Re: 15mm figures Next: RE: [FT] Eldar minis