Prev: Re: Vector Movement and SML's Next: RE: GenCon '99 (long) [CLEAN STAMP]

RE: ADFC and PDS (was: Vector Movement and SML's)

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 09:09:08 -0700
Subject: RE: ADFC and PDS (was: Vector Movement and SML's)

>This extended one of my gripes from the 2nd edition rules (and made it
>worse). That is a player can place a huge number of fighters within
spitting
>distance from an enemy ship, and unless he targets the ship the enemy
ship
>can do NOTHING about it!

Unless you have fighter groups with which to counter - these are very
effective. Usually 1 defensive group can tie up two attacking groups
unless
the attacker is very careful about positioning. Granted that your group
will perish, but by that time, your ships may have passed by or achieved
their objective.

On the other hand, having a group of fighters in the middle of an enemy
fleet, untouched so long as they do not attack, seems slightly
unrealistic.

Schoon

Prev: Re: Vector Movement and SML's Next: RE: GenCon '99 (long) [CLEAN STAMP]