Prev: RE: Vector Movement and SML's Next: RE: Vector Movement and SML's

Re: Vector Movement and SML's

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 09:40:08 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Vector Movement and SML's

On 12-Aug-99 at 09:34, Izenberg, Noam (Noam.Izenberg@jhuapl.edu) wrote:
> The following assumes you know who you're facing and can prepare some
-
> Most useful for engagements vs FSE, or my personal favorites of NI vs.
SM
> heavy IF.
>
> In vector _or_ cinematic, one or more waves of SM's can be all but
defeated
> by popcorn ships. Buy a set of scouts and keep 'em in tight formation
with
> the bigger ships. Only a 'direct hit' SM will get through.

So make the battle longer, don't fire your full load into the popcorn
since
more than 1 is a waste.  Save those SM's for later rounds.  If your
opponent
isn't big on ADFC's target fighters on the little toasty ships.  They
die with almost no effort and each costs more in NPV than your fighter
group.	Stay out of range on  your big boys until you have cleared the
dregs.

Roger

Prev: RE: Vector Movement and SML's Next: RE: Vector Movement and SML's