Prev: RE: Vector Movement and SML's Next: RE: Vector Movement and SML's

Re: Vector Movement and SML's

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 10:11:51 +1000
Subject: Re: Vector Movement and SML's

G'day again,

>> The point is still valid, however, that the average Fleetbook ship
cannot
>> dodge a 6" range SM salvo using vector movement.
>
>Nope, that's why I wonder about the people that keep saying they use
>6" range, you can't miss.  I would consider that a bit unbalanced.

Don't you think paying a heap for a weapon tha's going to miss most of
the
time is a bit unbalancing too? Beam guys point and see if they hit; SM
guys, have to guess where you're going to be (and if you're aiming for
his
BB and you think he's going to MD forward so you put it down at current
velocity +3 and he actually about faces and MDs back the other way then
you're going to be lucky to get the frigates that had been out in front
let
alone the actual target you were after), then survive PDS, then see how
many make it past the decoys, then, IF any actually go in, see how much
damage they cause (OK my natural talent for 1s doesn't help any of this)
-
frankly if my tech-heads couldn't invent a missile that did the best it
could to help me get it on a target in the first place I'd space 'em ;)

Cheers

Beth 'I've put down stacks of 15 SMs for ONE, yes O N E, damage point
inflicted!!!!!!!!!!!' Fulton

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax (03) 6232 5199 International +61 3 6232 5199

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: RE: Vector Movement and SML's Next: RE: Vector Movement and SML's