Prev: Re: [SG II] New Player Next: RE: Vector Movement and SML's

Re: [FT] Vector Silliness

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 09:46:00 +1000
Subject: Re: [FT] Vector Silliness

G'day guys,

OK you knew thsi was coming, but I'm going to say it anyway....

Option 57 < or whatever you're up to now ;) > leave it alone!!!!! I've
never felt it was really broken in the first place - to use an old
argument, who's going to go back and tell all the Fokker pilots they
can't
do tight right turns, becuase that particular engine quirk wasn't
written
in the tech manual? I think the same's true for the push-turn thing.

Now I have my cathartic raging at windmills out of the way... I do
realise
I'm pursuing a hopeless cause here so if I were to opt for any change to
the system I'd say make rotations cost one thrust point per facing.

By the way, am I interpreting this wrong, but isn't "If you have X
thrust
you may rotate (any amount, costing one) and then thrust X-1" going to
allow the exact same thing you don't like now (or worse)? Or is it that
because you've changed the justifications its OK? And I'm not trying to
be
a sarcastic b*tch here, I am honestly confused.

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax (03) 6232 5199 International +61 3 6232 5199

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: [SG II] New Player Next: RE: Vector Movement and SML's