Prev: RE: [GenCon] Kra'Vak AAR Next: [OT] Website formatting Q.

Re: [DS2][SG2] Robot Dogs

From: "Eli Arndt" <emu2020@h...>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 22:01:35 PDT
Subject: Re: [DS2][SG2] Robot Dogs

Well, I do know that right now robots can be used for ambushing tanks.
They
can roll out, wait for weeks and hit anything crossing an area of the
road
or terrain they cover.	I think the robot I'm talking about is a Fireant
or
something like that. Discovery Channel loves to show it in shows on
military
hardware.  It stnds to reason that a low-grade robot could be set up to
snipe at soft targets too.  A tripod with servoes, a small logic unit, a

good multi-optic scope al lattached to a rifle and bingo - sort of like
careful 'Sentry Gun'.

>From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@dscc.dla.mil>
>To: "'gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU'" <gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
>Subject: [DS2][SG2] Robot Dogs
>Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 14:39:59 -0400
>
>I just saw an interesting article that Sony is now selling Robot
Dogs!!!