Prev: Re: Tuffleyverse, States of Europe Next: Re: The sands of Mars and the gray shores of Luna

Re: [DS2][SG2] Robot Dogs

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 13:46:04 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [DS2][SG2] Robot Dogs

Not dogs, but for robot/automated gun house rules, check out the SG2
section of my webpage. (see sig for URL)

I've got rules for Aliens-style fixed 'sentry' guns, and the related
mobile gun platforms - the computer game XCom's 'Heavy Weapon
Platforms'.
They're all treated as 'Semi-Autonomous Combat Systems" (or SACS). Left
on
'auto-fire' mode, they engage the nearest eligible enemy target at the
end
of the round - eligibility is determined by weapon type mounted.

SACS can also be datalinked to a firing squad or vehicle. They are
activiated by the firing squad, and simply add their firepower die to
the
squad's fire.

SACS can also be activated on their own, just as with any squad or
vehicle. Check the rules out - they work well, I think. (They playtested
well, anyway.)

Haven't done FMA mods for the SACS yet - I'll have to once the firing
rules for FMA are finalized. The activation rules (which are the
important
part) should port over no problem.

Brian (yh728@victoria.tc.ca)
-DS2/SG2/FR!/HOTT-
		   - http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -
-SciFi & Fantasy Wargaming House Rules, Photos, GWAutobasher, & more-

Prev: Re: Tuffleyverse, States of Europe Next: Re: The sands of Mars and the gray shores of Luna