Prev: Re: [OT] The Ythri Next: Re: counter sheet back-up

counter sheet back-up

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@c...>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 19:01:53 -0400
Subject: counter sheet back-up

I have many ancient SF boardgames in which I foolishly stored the
counters in leaky envelopes.  Many counters were lost.

Recently, I have been getting spare copies of many of these games
from EBay, in order to give my nephew the benefits of playing really
cool games that went out of print before he was born.

The thought occured to me, as I gazed on their unpunched splendor, that
here was a rare opportunity.

I've got a reasonably high resolution flatbed scanner for my computer
( an HP ScanJet 4C ) and a reasonably high resolution printer
( an Epson Stylus Color 600 ).

A quick scan of both sides of the sheet, two print-outs, and
some work with cardboard, glue, and scissors, and now I
have a nice set of replacement counters!

If you use the glossy printer paper, the counters look like they
are made of plastic.  Nifty.

A pity the maps are so big.

Prev: Re: [OT] The Ythri Next: Re: counter sheet back-up