Prev: Re: Full Metal AAR and more FMA thoughts Next: RE: [FT] SM Magazines

[FT] SM Magazines

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 10:10:34 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: [FT] SM Magazines

One Magazine or several?

I'm designing an FSE Fleet Carrier, same mass as the current one.
11 Fighter squadrons and 3 SML's.  It is going to have magazine
capacity for 9 ER SMs, I want to leave people the difficult choice,
use point defenses on fighters or on salvo missiles, hopefully
extending the life of my fighters.

The problem I'm running into is do I do one mass 27 magazine, or
3 mass 9's.  I'm leaning toward the 9's for damage survivability,
I don't like the idea of one bad threshold check toasting all
my SMs, on the other hand if a launcher goes I can't feed its
SMs to another launcher.

What do the other SM users recommend?

Roger

Prev: Re: Full Metal AAR and more FMA thoughts Next: RE: [FT] SM Magazines