Prev: Re: Full Metal AAR and more FMA thoughts Next: Re: [OT] The Ythri

Re: Full Metal AAR and more FMA thoughts

From: ScottSaylo@a...
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 16:40:37 EDT
Subject: Re: Full Metal AAR and more FMA thoughts

In a message dated 8/4/99 2:44:53 PM EST, los@cris.com writes:

<<
 I think you take my comment out of context. By your definition there is
no
need
 for a combat move becasue EVERYTHING is a combat move. (true) The RAW
(Rules
as
 written) >>

I didn't mean to take any comment out of context, I assure you. The idea
of
using indeterminate movement to show the unplannability of a close
assault is
a good one. It shouldn't have trained soldiers "freezing" in the open,
though
it should reflect the possibility that they will discover the fire
incoming
has  overwhelmed the assault and dive and roll now! reactions that are
more
representative of combat situations than knowing precisely with a tape
measure how far this figure will move on this occasion before I order
himj to
move is NOT going to give me a feel for how combat works. Soldiers in
the
field are not chessmen on the board and war game rules should reflect
that.

There was a truly good post from a combat instructor for the US Army
showing
how a combat rush works. I think I'll leave the last word with him.

Prev: Re: Full Metal AAR and more FMA thoughts Next: Re: [OT] The Ythri