Prev: Creating rivets Next: Re: [FT] Fighter question I'm confused

Re: rivet modeling technique was: Re: [OT] Ironclads and Tanks and Such

From: Rob Paul <rpaul@w...>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 1999 17:57:41 +0000
Subject: Re: rivet modeling technique was: Re: [OT] Ironclads and Tanks and Such

At 11:00 02/08/99 -0500, you wrote:
>When doing a scratchbuild and you need to model rivets there are not a
lot of
>"good" options.  If you can find some styrene with the rivets already
pre-molded
>into them (or something similar) it will be the easiest.
SNIP

Another technique (which I've never tried; I got it from an old Airfix
guide
to scratchbuilding AFVs) is to build the model without rivets, then
cover it
in sheets of 5 thou plastic card on which the rivet pattern has been
embossed on the REVERSE side.  This needs an embossing tool (a pin or
the
like) and a slightly resilient surface on which to work (e.g. a cutting
mat
or thin cardboard).

"Rob Paul

Dept of Zoology
Oxford University
South Parks Road
Oxford
(01865) 271124
"Auld an' bald!"
"

Prev: Creating rivets Next: Re: [FT] Fighter question I'm confused