Prev: [FT,Humor] FTSR Ship Submission Extreme class SDD Next: Re: Off to GenCon

Re: "Combat Walkers"

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 20:35:39 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: "Combat Walkers"

Just to throw my $0.02 into this, check out the Gallery on my page, for
pic of a Heavy Gear 'gear' in all it's primered glory...see my .sig for
the URL.

It's one of the now-OOP RAFM 20mm gears, but I'm going to be running it
as
a Size 2 or 3 walker in 15mm Stargrunt II games. It's also not a "stock"
gear - I cut some bits off, moved them around, and added other bits and
pieces.

I quite like the HG mechs, actually. Granted, the whole 'giant walking
machine' concept is a goofy one, but the HG mechs at least _look_ more
'hard science' than, say, many of the BTech ones from Ral Partha.

The 'gear I have is going to be painted up in black & grey urban-style
camo, to accompany my heavy-PA assault company into action. Photos of
the
heavy PA (Irregular 15mm 'Star Marines') are also on my Gallery page.

I'll post design stats when I get them invented!

Of course, one little ex-HG mech is a lot less dramatic than a 28mm
Madcat, but what the heck...

Brian (yh728@victoria.tc.ca)
-DS2/SG2/FR!/HOTT-
		   - http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -
-SciFi & Fantasy Wargaming House Rules, Photos, GWAutobasher, & more-

Prev: [FT,Humor] FTSR Ship Submission Extreme class SDD Next: Re: Off to GenCon