Prev: Re: Off to GenCon Next: [FT,Humor] FTSR Ship Submission Extreme class SDD

Re: "Combat Walkers"

From: "Eli Arndt" <emu2020@h...>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 20:22:10 PDT
Subject: Re: "Combat Walkers"

Having started this particular line I have been following it and noticed

that the concept of Combat Walkers seems more popular with DS2 players
than
Stargrunt.  I'm curious as to why this is.

I assume that it is likely to do with the over-abundance of 1/285th
walkers
and PAs.  I'd also venture a guess it has to do with the fact that
Walkers
were more directly adressed in DS2 than in SG.	Of course there seems to
be
the general tendancy of a lot of GZG players to shun walkers all
together
because of their admittedly far-fetched practicallity.	I do think that
smaller 'pwersuit' style units have some practical application, but huge

bipedal goliaths are way out there.  Just some thoughts.

On another note, those of you who have posted your own personal designs
and
ideas for models, thanks and keep them coming.	I wish I could get scans
of
mine, but that'll be awhile.

Later,
Eli

>From: "Christopher K Smith" <smithck@mindspring.com>
>To: <gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
>Subject: Re: "Combat Walkers"
>Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 19:14:34 -0500
>

> > It is an impressive figure.  And from what I've heard the casting
and
> > model design is quite good.  It's not a kit for beginners.
Armorcast