Prev: Re: FT: hex grid, Wave Guns Next: To: Tom Anderson

Re: "Combat Walkers"

From: Ryan M Gill <monty@a...>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 16:21:52 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: "Combat Walkers"

On Tue, 27 Jul 1999, Eli Arndt wrote:

> Being a self-confessed mecha fiend it occured to me that there were
likely
> to be a lot of interesting units in use out there.  To this end, I
invite
> anyone with images (pictures, drawing, etc.) of mecha units they've
created
> for use in their GZG games,  to email them to me at my personal email
addy
> (so as not to spam the list with graphics.

Hooray for standing tall and taking fire so the Heavy armour can win the

day. I am reminded of one of my early DSII games where my opponent sunk
all his points into 6 very expensive Mechs, one size 5 as a command. 4
Artillery crawlers were also present on table. He concentrated most of
his
fire trying to duke it out with some size 5 tanks firing at long range
with
MDCs. I brought lots of IFV's with GMS/H's and proceded to overwhelm his

ADS and PDS. 2 Mechs falling per turn. The ADS Mech was plastered by
multiple MDC shots. Not hard to hit at long range with a stationary
tank.

Superior fire con Size 5 MDC D8 - Long Range
Size 5 Mech, Signature of D6 for 2 levels of stealth and higher apparent

sig due to the Active ADS.

End result was something like D10 vs D6. We traded shots Tit and tit for

tat while the MICV's pounded him silly.

I'll get some photos of my 5 mechs dating back to '85. Old Battle tech
figs, but nice.

- Ryan Montieth Gill		DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 	     www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -

Prev: Re: FT: hex grid, Wave Guns Next: To: Tom Anderson