Prev: FT: hex grid, Wave Guns Next: Re: [FT] Magnetic Bases

Re:FT: hex grid, Wave Guns

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@f...>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 06:26:30 -0700
Subject: Re:FT: hex grid, Wave Guns

At 9:08 AM -0400 7/26/99, Glen Bailey wrote:
>Anyone else play FT on a hex grid playing area?  We have been, it
>takes some explaining about hex spine movement but it works well.
>We made a house rule that if your movement ends on a hex spine
>then shift to the hex forward and to the right.  Someone wanted
>to have the option of choosing which hex but that seems unfair
>to me since no other position has this advantage.  Another wanted
>to alternate left and right, but then that requires keeping track
>and I prefer to keep bookkeeping to a minimum.  Any thoughts?

I've been a big fan of hexspine facings since I first played GDW's
Air Superiority back about a decade ago. The designer chose hexspine
facings so he could do a more accurate simulation of aircraft
movement. His solution is to actually place the counter on the hex
spine rather than forcing it into one or the other hexes (I'll have
to look up how this system handles range to an aircraft on a spine).
Michael Carter Llaneza
Devolution is very real to me.
Overkill: A Sufficient Preponderance of Firepower
http://www.flash.net/~maserati/

Prev: FT: hex grid, Wave Guns Next: Re: [FT] Magnetic Bases