Prev: RE: [FT] Fleet Book ship construction sheet v0.4 Next: Re: RPGs and Carl Gs in DSII

Re: [FT] armour

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 11:13:02 +0200
Subject: Re: [FT] armour

Brian K Bell wrote:

> May I inquire where it states that Wave Guns/Nova Cannons do not
> ignore FB armor? MT states that they ignore screens and armor.

It only says that about the WG, not about the NC... you're drawing an
conclusion about the NC here; while logical, it's not entirely
supported by the rules <g>

> I  understood this to not be changed in FB.

Armour itself has changed from MT to FB. MT Kra'Vak armour counts as
screens, but FB armour acts more or less like hull boxes. Given that MT
armour is also ignored by Pulse Torps and sub-packs while FB armour is
not (or at least not completely), my conclusion is that FB armour also
protects against the WG and NC. Just like yours, it isn't entirely
supported by the rules <g>

Regards,

 Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: RE: [FT] Fleet Book ship construction sheet v0.4 Next: Re: RPGs and Carl Gs in DSII