Prev: [FT] Magnetic Bases Next: Re: [FT] Fleet Book ship construction sheet v0.4

[FT] Fleet Book ship construction sheet v0.4

From: "Brian Bell" <bkb@b...>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 20:12:41 -0400
Subject: [FT] Fleet Book ship construction sheet v0.4

FYI,
To anyone who is using the Fleet Book ship construction sheet v0.4
(Excel
spreadsheet) by Jared Noble:
I have found an error in the spreadsheet. On any weapon with a choice of
number of arcs (Class 2+, Pulse Torpedo, etc.), the spreadsheet does not
multiply the mass for extra arcs by the number of weapons.

For example the Class-3 beam formula for mass is:
  4*B20+C20 (4*No of Weapons+no of extra arcs)
  Produces: 2 Class-3 beam weapons with 2 arcs of fire shows a mass of 9
(should be 10).

Due to presidence in operators (*,/,+,-...), the multiplication occurs
before the addition.

It should read:
  B20*(4+C20)  [No of weapons * (4 + no of extra arcs)

The problem is the same on the solve for mass page.

I have not checked the other versions of this spreadsheet.

---
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/
---

Prev: [FT] Magnetic Bases Next: Re: [FT] Fleet Book ship construction sheet v0.4